In 1867, shortly before Henry Shaw deeded the land that would become Tower Grove Park to the city of St. Louis, the Lindell Hotel—the largest hotel in America at the time—burned to the ground. Shaw saw potential “ancient ruins” in the building’s fire damaged blocks and had stones arranged in three clusters. Over the years, the charm and romance of the Ruins has proven extremely popular for wedding party photographs, with groups often lined up on Saturdays.
The Wedding Ceremony Fee for the Ruins is $1,000. The fee includes:
- Additional one hour access to the building outside of the reserved timeslot
- One hour rehearsal
- Street parking for guests
- Ceremony Coordinator on site
- Event Security
- Carriage ride
- Additional security—$32/hour
Available Wedding Ceremony Times
- 10 a.m.—12 p.m.
- 2 p.m—4 p.m.
- 6 p.m.—8 p.m.
The 6 p.m.—8 p.m. ceremony time slots can only be booked within a six-month time frame. For example, all October 2018 dates will be available to book at 12:00 a.m. on April 1st, 2018.
- If chairs are needed, they must be rented and set up through an outside contractor
- All clean up and clearing out of chairs must occur within the contracted timeslot
- No electricity at site
- No access to the Piper Palm House or indoor restrooms
- Amplified sound must not be heard beyond fifty feet of the source
- When decorating, the use of tacks, staples and/or nails is strictly prohibited
- This is an outdoor rental site. There is no indoor option in the case of rain, and the park does not offer weather-related refunds