Horses and carriages have been part of Tower Grove since its inception—the oldest building in the Park is the Stone Stable. Much of the original labor force was horse and mule muscle, and a favorite mode of enjoying the park was by horseback or carriage.
The Martha Simmons Surrey can accommodate three adult passengers
The Tim Hays Vis-à-Vis can accommodate four adult passengers.
Carriage Ride Pricing
General Carriage Ride
$50.00 | 30 minutes
$65.00 | 45 minutes
$80.00 | 60 minutes
$110.00 | 1.5 hours
$140.00 | 2 hours
$30.00 | Extended time (30 minutes)
$25.00 | Special Location Pickup
May 1-September 30
Monday-Saturday | 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Sunday | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Fall, Winter and Spring Hours
October 1-April 30
Monday/Wednesday/Friday | 4-9:30 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday | 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
No rides on Tuesday and Thursday
- Full payment is due at time of reservation.
- The carriage cannot leave the park for any reason.
- Carriage decorations are permitted with driver’s supervision.
- Cancellation on DAY OF RIDE must be called in a minimum of (2) two hours prior to scheduled time. Contact the Park Ranger at (314) 565-4613. NO REFUND ELIGIBLE
- Weather conditions deemed unsafe for the welfare of our horse may be called off by the driver. Rides can be rescheduled up to six months from the original ride date.
- General Carriage Ride pick-up and drop-off is located at the Stone Stables.
- All Rides must be booked at least one (1) week in advance of event date.
- Members of Tower Grove Park at the Park Benefactor level receive a complimentary carriage ride!
Reserve Your Carriage Ride Today!
To arrange your personal carriage ride today, please call the Park Office at (314) 771-2679, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or inquire using the form below.