The Pool Pavilion at Tower Grove Park is one of the parks most striking structures. It was built in 1914 along with a wading pool and was designed to resemble an ancient Roman bathing facility. In 1997 it was fully restored with a gift from the Gateway Foundation. In 1998 and 1999, it was enhanced for public use with a grant from the Whitaker Foundation.
The open-air pavilion is supported by several columns and its exterior walls are brightly painted. The sight line west from the back of the building is one of the loveliest in the park; the expansive greensward makes it a perfect setting for outdoor events, including yours.
The following information will help you in planning your event and insure that future generations can enjoy this wonderful historic setting.
- The Pool Pavilion is a public facility, and to insure the proper preparation of your event, as well as adequate setup time, guest arrival for rental events can be scheduled no earlier than 6:30 p.m. Events must conclude by 10:30 p.m.
- Low amplified sound is allowed at the facility, but must conclude by 10:00 p.m.
- Parking will be on Northwest Drive, to the North of the Pavilion. A security guard is included in your rental fee. If you desire additional security, we can arrange that at an additional charge. Valet parking can also be arranged at an additional fee.
- If a tent is used, only weights or non-penetrating techniques may be used to secure the tent on the black top area. Event Partners is the exclusive tent provider.
- Tower Grove Park does not provide tables, chairs or any other equipment for events at the Pool Pavilion, but we can assist clients in arranging for rentals.
- All rental equipment must be delivered the day of the event and removed the same day following the event. Rental Company vehicles and all other vehicles are restricted to paved surfaces. No vehicles are allowed on grass areas.
- The wading pool fountain east of the pavilion can be operating for events at the pavilion. No swimming or wading is allowed.
- Lighting is provided in and around the pavilion. Park staff must approve any additional lighting provided by the client. Electrical outlets are in and around the pavilion.